Texas man w/MS uses bee venom therapy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> MS - RESEARCH, ARTICLES, ABSTRACTS, DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Texas man w/MS uses bee venom therapy Reply with quote

Bee venom therapy seemed to have gone the way of many other MS cures, but here it is again.

Somehow the fact that this person ordered his bees through the mail conjures up an odd scenario. Would the package have been buzzing, I wonder? Or maybe the bees were sent in some special type of packaging, clearly labelled BEES. Or just BBBBB, if someone wanted to be clever.

And did they come with a hive?

And his sister has to sting him. According to the video, she reaches in with a tweezers-like thing and holds the bee in it when she applies the bee to her brother's skin.

All in all, this sounds like a treatment where it probably feels so good when it stops that you think your MS symptoms are better.

However, I hope he finds it helpful. One never knows where a valuable treatment will be found.

Quote:

Texas man with multiple sclerosis uses bee venom therapy

by Vicente Arenas / KHOU 11 News
khou.com

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas -- According to Allan Swor, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, none of his medications were helping to ease the pain. He could barely move so he decided to try an unusual treatment.

He started bee venom therapy which requires him to be stung nearly 100 times each week.

“I thought it was crazy,” Swor said.

He still ordered the bees through the mail to begin the treatment. His sister Brenda Vozzo provides the treatment.

“I was scared to death,” Vozzo said.

She stings her brother 30 times a day, three days a week.

“I just feel better all the time,” Swor said. “I hope I can work again one day.”

The stings are said to produce cortisol which can relieve inflammation.

Doctors said there are no studies to prove it works.

The article, along with a video, can be seen here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> MS - RESEARCH, ARTICLES, ABSTRACTS, DISCUSSION All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse