Long holiday weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Long holiday weekend Reply with quote

It's Labor Day weekend in the US.

A few rambling notes about myself:

I'll be spending the weekend recovering from the final phase of my 4-month-long housing recertification process. I live in HUD subsidized rental housing, and this process happens every year. This year was a bit trickier than some because of some unresolved dental expenses. Also, the deadline coincided with a lot of work being done on this building--making the managers' lives hectic.

I'm amazed that the main manager had time for me at all, what with pressure washers, carpenters and painters swarming all over with their ladders and rat-a-tat-tat machines and hoses forcing water sprays into our apartments, soaking some carpets in places and even hitting some beds.

This has happened here before, and people get over it, and things do dry. But it's been a pain having to move the stuff on and off my patio repeatedly (plants and containers), but so far no real damage done.

I just got back from a 3-month checkup at the doctors and found that my BP was 88/55 and all of the blood work was great. My HbA1C was 5.1, which is good for someone with Type 2 diabetes and no meds for it. I'm so pleased with this that I just have to crow about it. I like to think that taking 5,000 IU/day of vitamin D3 has been helping.

If all goes as planned, I'll even get to a farmer's market in a week or so, the first one I've been to since moving here 3 years ago. I'm going to one in an area I've always wanted to see because I keep hearing about it--Pioneer Courthouse Square. A place with a name like that sounds impressive to me, particularly since Seattle has a Pioneer Square, and I keep wondering which came first--Seattle's Pioneer Square or Portland's.

I've learned that there are quite a few department stores nearby, and that lets me know that there will probably be a public washroom I can get to.

A big problem if you have to wait a while for transportation and you have MS. I always have to know for sure that there will be a public john somewhere.

It's not always so easy. I went to a restaurant once, assuming it would have a washroom. It did--but the way to it was up several steps and it wasn't close at hand. Out of the question. At least the accident I had happened after I'd got home.

Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 2007-2010.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> GENERAL All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse