Some tinkering being done

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Some tinkering being done Reply with quote

To anybody who's reading here, I'm going to be doing a bit of tinkering with the styles, and you might have a problem getting the board to show up on your screen, depending on what style you've chosen.

The "style" is an option you have in your Profile.

I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you're having problems. And if you can't get to your Profile, I'd also like to know about that.

Thanks!
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if all of the easyphpbb boards have a problem with access to Profiles--not just this one. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Six years of this board Reply with quote

The support people at EasyphpBB are showing no signs of fixing the Profile access problem.

And now that this board is going into its 7th year, it may be time to re-evaluate the situation.

I am the only one who has posted here in many months. Some real people may be reading the posts, though, because there are often many page views.

But I've just moved quite a few of the sections down to the OLDER TOPICS category to reflect the changes in this board.

People have moved on--to Facebook and other sites, or just moved on with their lives. MS is depressing, anyway.

Even so, I'm keeping this place going as a sort of blog. I'm not sure that any new members could even register here, with the Profile access disabled.

So this is probably a message board that was.

I'm still going through research articles and abstracts that come to my attention and fishing out those that seem interesting and posting them here.

As I post them, I often reformat them so they'll be a bit more readable. I don't change the wording.

I also post occasional other items--usually links to articles or excerpts from articles. Sometimes I post my comments on a movie or book.

What are my qualifications for putting this board up and keeping it going? Thirty years with MS, including many years of keeping a weather eye on the MS scene, eleven years of participation on various MS message boards, and lots of experience in writing and editing.

People like me aren't so rare. I don't flatter myself that I'm doing anything so very extraordinary here. But I'm trying to do what I can to focus attention on what is happening in connection with this baffling disease--who has it, who's talking about it, what research is being done, what treatments are out there, how to cope with the symptoms and how to cope with the stresses and strains this disorder creates.

This board is still going after 6 years. I'd like to thank the people who were here and helped to liven this place up with their posts.

There were some excellent people here in the past. I'm glad if they've found more interesting things to do and I hope they are all doing well--though I know that at least one of them isn't, very sadly.

For now, this place is a blog that looks like a message board. Or a message board that acts a little bit like a blog.

Happy 6th anniversary to MS Speaks!

Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 2007-2010.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse