And welcome to Snoopy!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: And welcome to Snoopy! Reply with quote

:) Welcome, Snoopy!

Something tells me you might be the Snoopy whose posts I've seen in another place, but I could be wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you, Snoopy.
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Snoopy!
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Agate! You are correct.

Thanks Matt!
Mr Soul

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, snoopy !
Snoopy

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave!
LoLo

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Snoopy!

I feel kind of funny welcoming someone when I just joined myself!
Snoopy

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LoLo!
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snoopy,

I recognize your "Snoopy" handle from MSW.

Nice to see you here. bounce

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2 Cherie,

I was quite suprised about the banning of you and another member over there and I think there are better ways to handle things.

Glad to see you here.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherie

I am not a newbie over there but I have NO CLUE which mod you are referring to altho' once I had noticed your banned status at BT it crossed my mind that a mod from MSW followed you and had something to do with it.

I apparently missed most of what happened.

I have noticed at times certain members being singled out by mods more than others usually those that are outspoken and dare I say notworthy, opinionated like yourself and the other member.

LeeAnn
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

lady_express_44 wrote:
They were worried, Snoopy.

At least one mod uses a number of aliases on MSW, and all over the internet. When a thread isn't going her way, she jumps on with a response from one (or more) of her other aliases . . . to pat "herself" on the back, or to try to intimidate the poster.

She was making a fool of herself by doing things like announcing on the board that she was following me around the internet. Even after I was banned, she came over to Braintalk to harrass me more.

The other person who was banned at the same time as me, was on her "final warning" for using **** in place of swearing. As if they don't do the same thing themselves, all the time! scratch

Basically, they were just looking for any excuse to get rid of us because they couldn't control us . . . and they couldn't control their own mouths when we were on the board.

I just feel sorry for the newbies who aren't onto them . . . yet.

Cherie

I was surprised to see it too and, frankly, missed the threads that were deleted so I have no idea what was posted. I'm sorry this happens to people on BT, especially PWMS.

Since we have freedom of speech here on agate's fabulous site, may I say that I think it's a bad idea to spread negativity here about anyone or any other site. Might be better to just let it go. For your sake and everyone's sake.

We all have the choice to choose again (as a very good friend of mind says). Don't go back there if it upsets you or if all you have to offer is cynicism. And please don't egg it on here. I mean that in the best way, Cherie. I'm not picking on you. I'm not being mean to you. I'm just expressing my opinion.

I've left BT myself but I will not publically nor privately (PM) cast suspicions on anyone else. There is no point in it. It makes people uncomfortable and paranoid.

Let's enjoy this wonderful board that agate has created for US. US! Just how incredible IS that!

Thank you agate, our gem of courage and acceptance.

Joy
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you in principle Joy.

Deleted

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Cherie,

I'm sorry you were hurt. It happens to all of us, believe me.

Wishing you peace over this,
Joy
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it too much Cherie. Not too many people read over there where that post was made. And, I betcha only three people knew that YOU were the one who had recently been banned.

I recently removed a lot of the verbiage from some of my posts on that same thread though, since I have found out that more people read over there than I thought.

I'm really sorry about this hurtful situation.

It can be really easy to misinterpret people's posts on the internet, and, then, in turn, to have YOUR posts misinterpreted. I am gradually learning to be cautious about what I post.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherie,

I'm sorry about what happened to you, it was wrong and I felt it was wrong about the other member and have even said as much to that person who I feel is a very caring and compassionate person.

I will never understand the drama that can take place on message boards that are meant as a place for support and information and the exclusion of information that may be benefical to others such as LDN.

I usually try and stay out of the drama but depending on the topic I can be quite opinionated and have been suprised that I have not had a warning...but who knows, maybe some day.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Snoopy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady_express_44 wrote:

I was ok when I was banned . . . in fact, coincidentally, I had made a decision the day before that I wasn't going back on that board. What made me mad was that they following me to BT, and talked about me on another board.

I KNOW I am angry and bitter about this situation . . . which is not a good thing for anyone. Please accept my apologies for dumping this on all of you! I'll get over it any time now . . . now that I've said my piece.

Thanks for putting up with me. sunny
Cherie

You Have every right to feel the way you do and IMO there is no need to apologize.

What was done to you, being followed, being banned, was very wrong and vindictive.

LeeAnn
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words, LeeAnn. Much appreciated!

Cherie
mmcc

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The posting I read about banning was from you, lady express. Perhaps it would be better to either do one of two things - spell out, with names, in detail, what happened exactly, or drop it.

The second choice is the better - it didn't happen here - and all you are doing is keeping it alive.

The alternative first choice would at least not re-create a formula for hurt feelings and misunderstandings - continuing discussions on a forum without letting everyone in on what is going on - it makes people feel left out - out of the loop - suspicious, etc.

On BT you only get banned for violating TOS. Whether someone "followed you" from another board wouldn't seem to have much to do with it. Banning is by the moderators, not people who are following you. Are you saying that they banned you when you didn't violate the TOS?

That is not accurate, as you know. I read the thread. You were told by a moderator to stop posting something and you continued to do so in the same thread.

You may disagree with the decision or not like it, but they did post the warning publically and the next posting was you doing exactly what they warned you not to do.

I am unclear about how this person "folowing you" forced you to violate the TOS.
Matt

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmcc wrote:
The alternative first choice would at least not re-create a formula for hurt feelings and misunderstandings - continuing discussions on a forum without letting everyone in on what is going on - it makes people feel left out - out of the loop - suspicious, etc.

It is true. For a long time I was a bit paranoid and suspicious posting on MS forums. It had to do with all of the references to things that had happened before I started posting on the internet. Some of this stuff made me quite curious, but I had this feeling that I didn't really have the right to ask, since I wasn't there at the time, almost like as if there was an "in crowd" that I wasn't part of.
Matt

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED BY MATT

Last edited by Matt on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Matt wrote:
For anyone who is feeling left out, here is the relevant thread that people have been discussing. It starts out with a discussion of the issue of banning, then it switches to the issue of thread locking.

WARNING: The thread isn't necessarilly all that exciting. I just don't think it's fair to discuss threads when some members have access to the content and other members don't.

I think we've lost our focus here. This is a welcome to Snoopy thread.

Snoopy, I'm so happy you're here. Don't forget that in all the hub-bub.

Joy
Snoopy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy wrote:

Joy[/size]

Joy,

Thank You! I really don't have a problem with this thread going off topic - that happens sometimes and not a problem as far as I'm concerned.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Snoopy wrote:
Joy wrote:

Joy[/size]

Joy,

Thank You! I really don't have a problem with this thread going off topic - that happens sometimes and not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

It happens.
Matt

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy wrote:

I really don't have a problem with this thread going off topic - that happens sometimes and not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

My post probably didn't make much sense the first time because I accidentally left out the link.
mmcc

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady_express_44 wrote:
Your memory does not seem to be serving you well in this instance, mmcc....

Cherie
argue Well I guess I'm not the only one. Read Agate's posting on the thread Matt posted.

Jump
Welcome, Snoopy
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoopy, I'm glad you're being such a good sport about this digression.

I was following the BrainTalk thread that got locked but wasn't there for whatever posts got it locked. The moderator had already issued warnings and deleted posts for "petty bickering."

I knew lady_express was on very thin ice when she said Becca and av8rgirl were posting at BrainTalk in disguise. I knew Becca to be a member of BrainTalk for quite a while--and since I knew her back when we were both on Montel's board, I also was pretty sure she wouldn't do that.

So I had my doubts about what lady_express said about av8rgirl too. The charges might very well be true. Av8rgirl (Cheryl) might indeed be popping over to BrainTalk under various user names and harassing people.

This stuff happens in Internet forums. There was quite a dustup about it shortly after I joined BrainTalk, when a number of us tried to put a stop to allowing people to post under several different user names.

It turned out that it could NOT be prevented. The user names are usually tied to an e-mail address, and it's very easy to have lots of e-mail addresses.

Unfortunately, it's one of the problems that the Internet has. If Cheryl (av8rgirl) is posting under different user names and thus concealing her real identity, it's a scummy thing to do.
mmcc

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agate wrote:
Snoopy, I'm glad you're being such a good sport about this digression.

I was following the BrainTalk thread that got locked but wasn't there for whatever posts got it locked. The moderator had already issued warnings and deleted posts for "petty bickering."

I knew lady_express was on very thin ice when she said Becca and av8rgirl were posting at BrainTalk in disguise...
I did happen to see the post - it was more of the same "petty bickering" and personal attacks.

When you join a forum you agree to follow the rules whether you like them or not, and the rule about no personal attacks is part of the TOS at BT.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmcc wrote:
argue Well I guess I'm not the only one. Read Agate's posting on the thread Matt posted.

On the thread where Agate referred to my banning, I don't see that she accused me of trying to mislead people, or having done anything that was deserving of getting banned scratch :

You, however stated:

mmcc wrote:

On BT you only get banned for violating TOS. Whether someone "followed you" from another board wouldn't seem to have much to do with it. Banning is by the moderators, not people who are following you. Are you saying that they banned you when you didn't violate the TOS?

That is not accurate, as you know. I read the thread. You were told by a moderator to stop posting something and you continued to do so in the same thread.

You may disagree with the decision or not like it, but they did post the warning publically and the next posting was you doing exactly what they warned you not to do.

I am unclear about how this person "folowing you" forced you to violate the TOS.

I have never complained about the banning per se, mmcc. That is their perogative. I think I have been clear that my problem was with:

- Cheryl stalking me on the internet
- Cheryl harassing me on a board, that she never even posts on, under yet another alias name
- and the details of my banning being discussed by a MSW mod on another board, and (the untrue reasons) being implicated. (I was not a member there, and was unable to register to defend myself).

Now that you know the whole story, can you still not see what my points were, mmcc? . . . and that this is not about my BT banning, per se'?

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Wed May 31, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherie, I'm not big on deleting anything. I used to teach English, and I also worked for years at editing. The words people write are important to them, and I don't feel I should tinker with their words unless specifically asked to do so.

I see this board as a place where people can express what's on their minds without having to worry about someone's editorial pencil.

You wrote:

Quote:
I had no idea that we were not allowed to reveal people's aliases on the internet, at BT. In fact, I thought it was the right thing to do because I didn't even know it went on.

I hadn't seen any past discussion about this on Braintalk . . . so I was clearly at a disadvantage. If this is rule at BT, this is the first I've heard of it.

I guess I must not have made myself clear. I don't think there's any rule against revealing people's aliases. It's happened often enough on BrainTalk, though sometimes the guesses have been wrong. Sometimes people never knew who a new poster was except that he/she looked a lot like someone posting in disguise.

But it is an attack on someone if you accuse the person of "really" being someone else. If you come right out and say "You're really Av8rgirl from MS World," you're not only attacking the poster--you're discussing another message board. Both of those are off limits at BrainTalk.

It's such a huge forum that there probably have to be limits like that. Otherwise you'd have one little gossipy discussion going on here and another little gossipy discussion going on there, and very few people would know what all of these discussions were about. Too many people would feel left out.

And you may have forgotten, but your first reference to Tahoe Girl as Becca was in a post addressed to her and following just after her post. You wrote:

Quote:
As I said to petpuppy, Becca . . .

That was when I went looking more closely at that thread because I knew Becca had been on there as Becca for quite a while, and I thought you'd made a bad mistake, but I didn't want to get into a discussion about it. Unfortunately the issue blew up right after that.

As for why people don't always register with the same user name on all message boards, it's often because they try to but find that the name's already been taken. In the case of the name "agate," I've sometimes run into problems with that name because it's not at least 6 or 8 characters long. There are many reasons why a person can't always use the same name.

A person might register on one board twice or more under different user names for legitimate reasons, too. This is mentioned somewhere in the BrainTalk guidelines, I think. A person might want to post something embarrassing or highly personal and wants the anonymity of a different user name.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you are saying, Agate. That was my very first posting where I had originally thought that the person that was harassing me was Becca (because of the specific words she used in her posting).

I had no idea that Becca even posted on BT, as "Becca" or anyone else. I am aware that people use various nicknames, but did not mean to accuse her of using an "alias" . . . I just "recognized" the harassment. I just thought Tahoegirl must be her handle there - which was no big deal in my mind.

However, I was aware already that Cheryl actually used aliases to specifically harass and intimidate people on the boards. As soon as I realized it wasn't Becca, and that it was actually Cheryl, I made the correction. As I said, the posts were deleted though and Becca never did see that correction.

I suggested that the postings be deleted (here) because it really was never my intention to drag anyone in particular's name through the mud. I was trying to be somewhat discrete about this event . . . but realized by Matt's posting (and a comment earlier by Snoopy) that I may be perceived as evasive (or misleading, as mmcc suggested).

I'm not uncomfortable defending my points, I just don't want future MS Speaks members (who may also be members on MSW) to be privy to the pettiness that occured. You do whatever you feel is right for your board though . . .

I hadn't said that the poster was "Av8rgirl from MSW". I said that I "have a hard time keeping track of you lot because of all the aliases used". She was the one that brought up the other board, and the fact that I was banned there. In fact, her exact words were:

"Seems you have the same penchant for posting here as you did on another forum. It's no wonder you are no longer a member there! It's good to see that members here call you on the same things that I called you on there! See it's wasn't just me!
LOL!"

She was the only one "calling me" on the subject matter, and was just taunting me . . . She firmed that up with her next statement:

"I just couldn't resist this one. It screamed for someone to call you on it!" (That I shouldn't be entitled to an opinion about whether a person might chose not to do steroids - even though I had CHOSEN not to do them for the exact same reasons as the poster had noted.)

She's messed!

Cherie
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherie, if YOU want part or all of some of your posts deleted, that's another matter entirely.

In fact, you can do that yourself. Just click "Edit" in any post (there's no time limit on editing here), and you can edit away. You can even delete an entire post, and it will be as if it had never been.

Thank you for being considerate of the other people here.
Z

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunny Hello Snoopy! sunny

So glad to see you again!

Z

aka Zulu

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

http://www.llrx.com/features/reclaimed.htm
mmcc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady_express_44 wrote:
I had no idea that we were not allowed to reveal people's aliases on the internet, at BT. In fact, I thought it was the right thing to do because I didn't even know it went on.

I hadn't seen any past discussion about this on Braintalk . . . so I was clearly at a disadvantage. If this is rule at BT, this is the first I've heard of it.

First of all common courtesy and common sense would tell you that if someone wanted to use their "real" name they would. That's up to them, not you.

I wonder if you ever actually looked at the TOS at Braintalk. Privacy and the right to anonymity are stressed. Here are just two parts of the TOS which mention this. (The capitalization is in the TOS, I did not add it) There is more about privacy and anonymity if you care to look:

"We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide..."

"As for being ANONYMOUS, you CAN be that! If you use a fictional username, then nobody will ever be able to find out who you "really" are. Anonymity is VERY important to me, and I know how critical it often is to people dealing with medical issues..."

You had to check a box that you read and understood the TOS. What "disadvantage" did that put you at?

lady_express_44 wrote:
I agree that people should not use aliases. Fair enough if they want to use another nickname on other boards (not sure why they'd do that anyway ...?) but they should at least sign their postings with the same name, IMHO. Especially if they are going to harass people. Chicken shit, if you ask me.

WHY? common sense! First of all most people don't want the entire world to easily know that they have bladder problems, for example.

Second, it is stupid to use your real name. You are advertising to every crook in the universe that you are a disabled person and with your name and frequently your town you become very easy to find.

When someone I know uses my real name I pm them and ask them not to. If I wanted to use it I would.

On BT alone I have had 3 names. Why? Because when they upgrade the computer it always makes it impossible for me to log in again or get my password. I have been a member there since 1999.

Signing your "real" first name is meaningless. None of us have any way of knowing whether that is real or not. Further, there is another poster on BT and PT who signs "Cherie" also. Is that you? See the point - using the "alias" is actually the only way to know if it is you or the other "Cherie."
[/i]
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmcc, why do you speak in such a conscending tone?

You have always been very rude to me, and I have to wonder why . . .?

Cherie
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmcc, you and I seem to have read lady_express's posts in different ways.

I've been assuming that she wasn't talking about revealing anyone's real-life name. She's never done that so far as I know.

I think she's been talking about revealing other user names a person might be posting on--at other boards, mainly--as when she said that Tahoe Girl on BrainTalk was "really" av8rgirl at MS World. This didn't come close to revealing av8rgirl's or Tahoe Girl's real name(s).
mmcc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agate wrote:
mmcc, you and I seem to have read lady_express's posts in different ways.

I've been assuming that she wasn't talking about revealing anyone's real-life name. She's never done that so far as I know.

I think she's been talking about revealing other user names a person might be posting on--at other boards, mainly--as when she said that Tahoe Girl on BrainTalk was "really" av8rgirl at MS World. This didn't come close to revealing av8rgirl's or Tahoe Girl's real name(s).

I apologize if I misunderstood that part of what she was saying. Actually, I still think it is inappropriate to reveal people's "other names/aliases though.

lady_express_44, you have no idea what tone of voice I am using - that's one of the problems with the internet - you can't see facea, hear tones, or watch body language. Being factual is not condescending.

I have not been rude to you - disagreeing is not rude. Personal attacks and name calling are rude.

If you had not mistated what occured, I would not have even bothered to respond to your posting.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z wrote:
sunny Hello Snoopy! sunny
So glad to see you again!
Z

Thanks Zia!!!!!

I'm glad you showed up, I figured once Tork came on you might not be far behind bounce sunny
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady_express_44 wrote:

Cherie

It doesn't sound condescending to me, Cherie.

There are all kinds of reasons why people might want to use different names.

It only bothers me if someone only signs on with another name to attack someone, like if you really wanted to tell someone off, so you created a new account just for that purpose.

I don't think very many people would do that.

It isn't all that nice to accuse two people of being the same person, particularly since, in a large forum, there may be someone who doesn't like one of them. This isn't fair to the other person. Even if it is the same person, there may be privacy issues. Some of the people on the LBGT forum might use different names than they use in the MS forum, for example.

To tell you the truth, I've never had a problem with the moderators at BrainTalk. I do think that they are trying their best and they have good intentions. It must be that they don't always make the right decisions. They are human. I haven't seen big problems, though.

I'm surprised that you are accusing mmcc of not having been nice to you, when, on many occaisions, you have not been nice to her.

I'm hoping that we can discuss things without fighting.

Matt
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry Snoopy . . . doesn't look like this OT discussion is going to stop just yet. :tongue: )

I hope we can discuss it without fighting too, Matt. I asked the question because I really want to know what the reason was.

I will try to explain what "my" issue is, and hopefully maybe we can then work out a mutual understanding.

We disagree on many points about Tysabri. That is neither here nor there though; that's just opinions/concerns expressed. However, I definitely do TRY to avoid answering questions about LDN on a Tysabri thread . . which is where, it seems, mmcc takes the conversation if I state my concerns about Tysabri.

As far as me being "rude" to mmcc, there was only one occasion where that happened, and I apologized for losing my cool. You KNOW I do not lose my composure very often on the boards; in fact, you used-to come to me Matt, when you were stumped at what was going on between people at BT. scratch

There was one other occasion where I indicated that I was'laughing' at mmcc's post to me. . . which I explained I had done because of a rude/condescending remark she had directed at me. I opted to laugh it off, which seemed the best course of action, IMHO.

Other then that, I am not aware of any occasions where I have 'appeared' disrespectful to mmcc. scratch

So, if we can agree to NOT rehash all of the conversations we've had in the past on BT????? . . . let's just start with this particular thread . . .

1. mmcc first accused me of posting inaccurate information.

2. When I responded to her request to "spell out, with names, in detail, what happened exactly", mmcc did not even acknowledge what I said. She just came back with "Well I guess I'm not the only one. Read Agate's posting on the thread Matt posted."

3. I then responded with "Agate's posting did not say what she had said. . .(paraphrased)". I specifically laid out what my issues were with Cheryl (which had almost nothing to do with being banned at BT).

4. I asked mmcc "Now that you know the whole story, can you still not see what my points were, mmcc . . . and that this is not about my BT banning, per se'?". I have still not received a response to THOSE POINTS; just more argue about being banned at BT.

5. There is definitely a "tone" to written communication, and I will highlight the "tone" that was blatantly obvious from one of mmcc's last posts . . .

[quote="mmcc]
First of all common courtesy and common sense would tell you that if someone wanted to use their "real" name they would. That's up to them, not you.

I wonder if you ever actually looked at the TOS at Braintalk. ... There is more about privacy and anonymity if you care to look:

You had to check a box that you read and understood the TOS. What "disadvantage" did that put you at?

WHY? common sense!

Second, it is stupid to use your real name.

[/i][/quote]

It is implied by my actions and reasons for them, that I:

- have no "common sense"
- am not "courteous"
- haven't an ability to read or comprehend simple instructions
- that I am "stupid" (because I use my real name)

If mmcc (real name deleted - even though it was previously publisized by mmcc, with a pic ...) spoke this way to everyone, I would not be offended. I would accept that it was her nature, and take it with a grain of salt. However, I have read many reponses to others, where she is much more compassionate and not at all condescending, so I suspect this is personal (not just conflicting "opinions").

I have reacted to this "tone" previously, and I don't wish to keep this going if it can be resolved. I just want to know what the issue is.

(My apologies for using "mmcc" in third person - or whatever it is called . . . no malice intended).

Cherie

Last edited by lady_express_44 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you just refer to mmcc as anything but mmcc when she JUST explained that she doesn't like people using her real name?

I will step out of this debate. It's so nice to have both of you over at this board. This thread doesn't match my mood right now, though.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty Matt, I forgot that she said that in her posting. (I just remembered that she publically posted it previously, but then indicated that she thought it was "stupid" to do that).

I deleted it because it didn't occur to me. Thanks for pointing it out.

From your response, Matt, it seems I have said something that pissed you off. When you are int he mood, please feel free to let me know what it is.

My goal is to resolve this, if possible, NOT make it worse.

Cherie
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've corrected it. I'm going to be very busy with my sister and my nephew tonight.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People with MS don't thrive under stress. Combative behavior can lead to stress. Not that we should always be agreeing with one another here, but I hope we can have debate over issues without personal attacks.

Cherie, anybody would be badly shaken up by being banned from a large forum like BrainTalk. I can understand why you're a little hypersensitive just now, but I think your lawyerly sense of perspective is going to help you to see that nothing is gained by describing mmcc's tone as "condescending."

What you call condescending, others (including me) call forthright and not mincing words. It's all a matter of semantics, don't you think?

I'm also glad you're both here. You are both highly intelligent and articulate people, and so I'm sure you'll understand that we have to cut one another some slack on a board like this one.

None of us can really know what battles anyone on this board is fighting in real life...what bad news he/she might have just had...what pain might be part of that person's daily experience.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that me saying that I was spoken to in a condescending way should not be interpreted as personal attack, Agate?

Also, do you think that someone referring to a person's behaviour as lacking in "common sense, courtesy, etc." is NOT condescending?

I'm not trying to split hairs, or bring on more conflict (HONESTLY!), I'm just trying to understand your response, Agate.

I do appreciate your (or anyone's) input, as perhaps there is something for me to learn here.

Cherie
Z

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, i try to keep out of this stuff because i am not very good at it. but i think that the tone of mmcc's post was condescending and disrespectul. i am not fond of people treating other people that way.

mmcc has a right to behave in whatever way she chooses, however. and, in response, people have a right to analyze the way we treat each other in whatever way we choose.

working toward resolving conflict is a GOOD thing. but, i would prefer not posting anything else about this until we take this discussion out of Snoopy's welcome thread.

z

aka Zulu

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

http://www.llrx.com/features/reclaimed.htm
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

lady_express_44 wrote:

Cherie

Cherie,

You are really starting to piss me off.

Just what does your "...?" imply about mmcc? Will she be the next one you rant at about following you around? Who will you claim she is, huh?

And how dare you imply that Matt PMs you for imformation about other people!! He is hardly a gossip.

mmcc is not rude, she is a frank and rational person. And I will defend her.

Cherie, you have spent hundreds of words in this forum going on and on in a one-sided accusatory rant about people who are not here to give their side of it. For all we know you ARE the people you claim abuse you.

None of this make me think better of you. It doesn't prove anything to me about your good intentions or how mistreated you are/were either. In fact, it makes me more leery of you and it makes me wonder just how many inches you'll manage when you bite me in the back one day.

agate, I'm sorry. Thank you for creating this board. I see only one person here causing a problem and it ain't mmcc.

Joy
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy wrote:
lady_express_44 wrote:

Cherie

Cherie,

You are really starting to piss me off.

Just what does your "...?" imply about mmcc? Will she be the next one you rant at about following you around? Who will you claim she is, huh?

And how dare you imply that Matt PMs you for imformation about other people!! He is hardly a gossip.

mmcc is not rude, she is a frank and rational person. And I will defend her.

Cherie, you have spent hundreds of words in this forum going on and on in a one-sided accusatory rant about people who are not here to give their side of it. For all we know you ARE the people you claim abuse you.

None of this make me think better of you. It doesn't prove anything to me about your good intentions or how mistreated you are/were either. In fact, it makes me more leery of you and it makes me wonder just how many inches you'll manage when you bite me in the back one day.

agate, I'm sorry. Thank you for creating this board. I see only one person here causing a problem and it ain't mmcc.

Joy

Oh my, Joy! You have jumped to entirely wrong conclusions about the intent of both of those postings.

The "...?" was used because I had NOT actually posed a question, ie. "why are you that way to me?". I had said as a statement - as I perceived things - then added the "...?" because I was hoping for a response to my perception.

And . . . I did not mean to imply that Matt was looking for information about other people, or that he was a gossip. I only meant that he did not understand the dynamics of the board; why there appeared to be so much angst (at that point in time) . . . so he was asking me for my take on it.

If you think that I am saying something, why not just say "what did you mean by ....?". I am a forthright person, and I will give you an honest answer.

Some of you seem to have a very distorted perception of who I am. The whole point of me bringing this animousity up was to resolve it, NOT make it worse.

Cherie
mmcc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady_express_44 wrote:
...As far as me being "rude" to mmcc, there was only one occasion where that happened, and I apologized for losing my cool. You KNOW I do not lose my composure very often on the boards;

There were several, lady_express-44, but I really don't care that much. Don't worry about it.

lady_express_44 wrote:
in fact, you used-to come to me Matt, when you were stumped at what was going on between people at BT.

I thought PM stood for PRIVATE message. Do you think it is fair to post about things that were in PM's sent to you?

lady_express_44 wrote:
So, if we can agree to NOT rehash all of the conversations we've had in the past on BT????? . . . let's just start with this particular thread . . .

1. mmcc first accused me of posting inaccurate information.

2. When I responded to her request to "spell out, with names, in detail, what happened exactly", mmcc did not even acknowledge what I said. She just came back with "Well I guess I'm not the only one. Read Agate's posting on the thread Matt posted."

3. I then responded with "Agate's posting did not say what she had said. . .(paraphrased)". I specifically laid out what my issues were with Cheryl (which had almost nothing to do with being banned at BT).

If you want to stop re-hashing what was said on BT, then do it. It seems like a good idea. Your version of events and others' versions have already been posted. How about stopping, as you yourself suggested a few paragraphs earlier.

lady_express_44 wrote:
4. I asked mmcc "Now that you know the whole story, can you still not see what my points were, mmcc . . . and that this is not about my BT banning, per se'?". I have still not received a response to THOSE POINTS; just more argue about being banned at BT.
I disagree with you. I have stated why. It would be silly to keep posting the same things over and over. If you want this to die, stop posting about it.

lady_express_44 wrote:
5. There is definitely a "tone" to written communication, and I will highlight the "tone" that was blatantly obvious from one of mmcc's last posts . . .

[quote="mmcc]

I wonder if you ever actually looked at the TOS at Braintalk. ... There is more about privacy and anonymity if you care to look:

WHY? common sense!

Second, it is stupid to use your real name.

[/i]

lady_express_44 wrote:
It is implied by my actions and reasons for them, that I:

- have no "common sense"
- am not "courteous"
- haven't an ability to read or comprehend simple instructions
- that I am "stupid" (because I use my real name)

You are not using your entire real name. The "stupid" remark was not directed at you, although I see how it could be misunderstood. I apologize for the use of that word.

lady_express_44 wrote:
If mmcc (real name deleted - even though it was previously publisized by mmcc, with a pic ...)

I asked you not to use my name, and I never posted my name with a "pic" on BT, PT, or here. Again, having been told I don't want my name used, why would you do it? Seems to be a lack of courtesy and a disrespecting of people's privacy.

Thank you Matt for prodding lady_express_44 to delete my name.

lady_express_44 wrote:
If mmcc spoke this way to everyone, I would not be offended. I would accept that it was her nature, and take it with a grain of salt. However, I have read many reponses to others, where she is much more compassionate and not at all condescending, so I suspect this is personal (not just conflicting "opinions").

Every time I disagree with you, you get personal. I am not going to be bullied into agreeing with you if I don't. I tend to be blunt, direct, outspoken, etc., but sometimes compassion is appropriate and when it is I try to respond that wey.

lady_express_44 wrote:
I have reacted to this "tone" previously, and I don't wish to keep this going if it can be resolved. I just want to know what the issue is.

Many paragraphs ago you had the righ idea - drop it.

lady_express_44 wrote:
(My apologies for using "mmcc" in third person - or whatever it is called . . . no malice intended).

There never is.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmcc wrote:

Jump
Welcome, Snoopy

OMG I didn't see this one...sorry!

Thanks MMCC!
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Snoopy! Nice to see you here! bounce cat sunny
Tysabri 06/07 through 09/09
On Copaxone again since 12/09 and hoping for oral meds to come out!
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ewizabeth!
Flipflop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank yo for your wlecome. just wamted to wlecome you two.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Flipflop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse