Yada, Yada, Yada...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FIGHT CLUB - BRING IT ON!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Yada, Yada, Yada... Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070821/ap_on_re_ca/bush

Duh !?!?!
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: But, hey... Reply with quote

....they hung Saddam Hussein! So, maybe that's "mission accomplished"...how many lives have been lost since then ?
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article you linked to contains this:

Quote:
While the Iraqi parliament has recessed for the month of August...

Why on earth should they have a month's recess, with Iraq in the shape it's in? Why aren't they working tirelessly to bring some order out of the chaos?
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they're following dumbya's lead...remember Katrina ? Now, mother nature shoulda known better than to interrupt one of his many vacations.

Now, the imbecile finally draws a comparison to Vietnam (which, although a travesty, was not started on a LIE!). Only 519 (or so) days left.
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if the Bush administation hasn't been hard enough on us...foreclosures are at an all time high, as are gas prices and while our young men & women die everyday in this ludicrous war he started in Iraq (over a LIE), our (the American) economy sucks. Any half-way intelligent person would've learned from that clusterfuck in Vietnam 30 years ago. Not dumbya, he was too busy smoking dope and guzzling whisky when he deserted the ANG!
cricket52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't link to the article, but I gather the Iraq parliament shut down for a month.

Our government prorouged going back to the House of Commons until mid-October. They finished in June. 3 1/2 months? The bureaucrats are running the country.

Canadians have lost faith in the political system and politicians. I am currently working for Elections Ontario and the voter apathy is evident.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cricket52, the link that Mr Natural gave has expired, unfortunately. Lots of news links just don't last very long. Maybe he has access to it and can copy it here but probably not.

That's a nice long vacation for the Canadian government--surely things aren't going along so well in Canada that they can have that much time off, but maybe I'm just cynical...
cricket52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got that right Agate! It may force an election because some of the current bills on the table have now expired and the Throne Speech will be touchy enough with Afghanistan and the environment on the minds of Canadian voters.

What bugs me is that most of the work of our elected members is done in committee, made up of all parties. By delaying the opening of Parliament Harper is keeping people from doing their jobs. He is waiting to see what happens in a few Quebec by-elections and in the Ontario election. The Liberals will probably win a majority in Ontario again, the Conservative leader came out with a platform that isn't sitting well - he wants provincial funding for faith based schools.

This is JMO and I am ranting, but I don't believe in segregation. I strongly support Canada's policy of separation of church and state. For example, the Muslim community has spoken out against it. The Jewish community would like to see it happen because their kids go to public school and then Hebrew school which makes for a tough course load. Anyone could start a 'religion' and open a school. Back when there was just Upper Canada, Quebec and Ontario came to an agreement to have Catholic and public schools, which are still funded by the province to this day. There are private schools if parents can afford them, afford being the operative word.

He says it should work as long as they have teachers who follow the provincial curriculum. How can you 'police' dozens of 'faith-based' schools scattered across such a big province? Our school board district covers 15,000 sq. km. It's very difficult to manage.

I liked having my children exposed to different cultures.

I have no use for Harper at all, and the Conservative candidate in our provincial election seems to be just like him.

OK - off my soapbox for a bit. angry9
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Canadians are ever tempted to imitate the US, they might be taking a page from Bush's agenda here because under Bush, there's been a proliferation of "faith-based"/charter schools.

I agree with you. I think these faith-based schools have a divisive effect--and I have questions about the quality of the education in them.
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cricket52 wrote:

He says it should work as long as they have teachers who follow the provincial curriculum. How can you 'police' dozens of 'faith-based' schools scattered across such a big province? Our school board district covers 15,000 sq. km. It's very difficult to manage.

I liked having my children exposed to different cultures.

I have no use for Harper at all, and the Conservative candidate in our provincial election seems to be just like him.

OK - off my soapbox for a bit. angry9

I have no tolerance of bigotry or segregation, either. That idiot, Bush, is now airing a TV commercial featuring the attack on the WTC in defense of his asinine invasion of Iraq (Does this moron have any idea of what position he has ? That implies that Iraq was somehow involved. I see it as a very prejudiced attack on middle-eastern people in general (how does that in anyway justify his earlier position of selling the maintenance of our international ports to Saudi Arabia ? It blows my mind.).

As in your cited message (and as demonstrated by the 2006 congressional elections here) the "liberals" (or Democrats in our society) will easily trump those "conservatives" (and I use that term loosely with our almost $9 TRILLION debt, after Clinton left dumbya in the black!). Even if the GOP DID have a credible candidate running for president (which they don't). Maybe John McCain can be Al Gore's running mate in a new "world party".
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 477 days left of the Bush presidency!!! I hope we all get through it.
Brighter days ARE ahead.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be the darkness before the dawn? Or maybe there's nowhere to go from here but up?

By the way, do they pick these generals for their looks? Seems to me every general in charge of a war starting with Westmoreland (Vietnam) has been photogenic enough to be at least an understudy for a major movie star....
Mr Natural

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my "countdown" calendar, we only have 271 days left of dumbya's rule (what an embarrassment that was). Good riddance! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considerable damage could be done in 271 days. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any way he and his friends can be persuaded to make an earlier exit.

Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 2007-2010.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FIGHT CLUB - BRING IT ON! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse