Another downside to online games?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Another downside to online games? Reply with quote

I recently tried online Scrabble again after several years away from it. Then I was reminded of one reason why I'd abandoned it earlier.

There are easy-to-get "cheats" online--programs a person can download that enable him/her to cheat at Scrabble. I've heard how these work and can imagine that they would be a good way for a player to keep on winning at online Scrabble--and raising your rating as a player, too.

There's no way that I know of to find out if a player is using one of these cheats.

I wonder if other online games have similar flaws--ways of cheating that are very available.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to cheat but there seem to be people who want to win far more than they want to enjoy a game.

I haven't tried many other online games. Does anyone here know if all of them now have ways of cheating?
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agate,

In a game of chance like Monopoly, I think it would be harder to cheat wouldn't it? Or even Yahtzee, I don't think it would be possible to cheat at that?
Tysabri 06/07 through 09/09
On Copaxone again since 12/09 and hoping for oral meds to come out!
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, for Monopoly I can't see how a person could cheat online--though I haven't ever tried it online. I don't know Yahtzee at all. I'll have to look into that.

Interesting point!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> GAMES & SPORTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: