Members who never post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> DEPORTMENT DEPARTMENT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Members who never post Reply with quote

There are quite a few new members here lately. So far most of them, along with a few older members, haven't posted anything.

It would be nice if you would introduce yourselves so that you're more than just a username on a list to us.

A couple of people here don't feel up to posting, and I know about them. That's fine.

In fact, it's fine if you've joined out of curiosity and don't want to post here for one reason or another, really. But I'd like to urge you not to be shy. Just jump right in and say something.
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Agate. cheers

geek Cherie
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cherie--

Thanks for bumping this up. It's time for people to be reminded of this, I think.
LaDeeDa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joan, Cherie

Just popping in to say I hope all's well with everyone. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'll try to be a bit more sociable.

Is everyone enjoying their summer? I know it's been brutally hot in most places and now here in FL we're staring down the barrel of a hurricane that may reach us. But we've been thru this before and will again in the future, so I'm hopeful we'll do just fine.

Everyone, feel good! cheers

Dee
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dee, nice to see you. We missed your smilin' avatar.

We've had a very weird year for weather, since last November. We had a fair bit of snow, but normally hardly ever see it. Then it rained for months in a row. We've seen hardly any sunshine this summer (usually it's quite sunny from Feb - Oct). . . but when it has come out this year, it's scorching.

This was one of those tough years all around. I'm looking forward to 2008.

Hope the hurricane doesn't cause too much trouble!

Cherie
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dee!

Not much hot weather here yet, I'm happy to say. Just one day early in the summer when it was 98 degrees, and I went into hiding.

I don't think I'd like living where hurricanes happen so often, but Floridians do seem to manage.

Nice to see you back here!
wwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!
I just found you tonight, and very pleased that I did. I recognize many familiar names. I have been lurking on many sites, but for whatever reason found posting on this one felt right. I need some help.

After two years on Tysabri, it seems that it has stopped working for me. Last month I went into an exacerbation, went on three days of I.V. solumedrol as usual, three weeks later had my Tysabri infusion. Usually, I recover completely and rather quickly since I've been on Tysabri. I would go at least six months with no problems, a long time for me, I have had MiSery for 20 years. I have not recovered from this one, and seem to be getting worse. They did bloodwork for antigens, haven't gotten it back yet, took an MRI it was clear, just old scarring, about a month ago. I have been on all the other drugs.

Can anyone tell me about Rituxan?
Any ideas would be appreciated, I am still ready to fight, have my gloves on but my feet are not working like they should.....I'm not readly to go down!

wwarrior
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, wwarrior--

It's good to have you here, and thanks for posting right away!

As for Rituxan, I haven't had any personal experience with it, but if you use the Search function here, typing "Rituxan" in the search window and limiting the search to the MS RESEARCH forum, you'll find several postings about it.
cricket52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wwarrior:

Welcome! I lurk a lot of sites too and have found a home here and at a site first recommended to me. It has been very helpful.

Sorry I can't help with the Rituxan, I hope you get some answers. You have been through a tough time - sorry to hear the Tysabri isn't performing for you.
wwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I decided to stop all drugs for now. I asked for a script for LDN. I have nothing to lose....there are no side effects, and it's a pill. My doc was not thrilled, he called it "snake oil" ....need I say more. I don't want to try chemo now. I going to do the best I can. Go back on Swank diet, exercising. and listening very carefully to my body. Hopefully we will have something new coming along soon.
cricket52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again:

I was reading an article today (can't remember where) that mentioned that the US was thinking of stopping drug companies from offering perks to doctors and med students.

IMO the only reason LDN is considered 'snake oil' by physicians is because there is money to be made with the other DMD's. Not that they don't work for many patients, it's just that the drug companies are not poor by any means.

I hope the LDN and Swank work for you. Sometimes enough is enough.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cricket, could this be the article you were referring to?

http://msspeaks.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2025

wwarrior
, good luck with the LDN! I haven't tried it, but I do know doctors can be as wrong, pigheaded, narrow-minded and limited as any other human beings. Sometimes you have to make up your own mind and do whatever works for you.
cricket52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn your good Agate! sunny

It is indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> DEPORTMENT DEPARTMENT All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse