A dog's birthday party

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: A dog's birthday party Reply with quote

I was invited recently to a birthday party--for a dog, no less.

The dog is a Pomeranian who was celebrating his first birthday. He used to belong to a tenant in this building, but her cat didn't take well to him, and so she persuaded another tenant to adopt him.

The new owner of the dog happens to be the person who does all of the garden and yard work around here, and so everyone is very grateful to him for all he does for the building.

He came to my door one day and hand-delivered an invitation, complete with a photo of himself and the dog.

Of course I couldn't miss this event. I don't go to social events in this building as a rule, but this was different.

The party had about 15 guests, including the building manager and her husband. The dog (Caesar) had many spectacular gifts, including a doggie raincoat and a doggie backpack, and any number of toys.

He wasn't at all shy about the party, either. He was romping around and chasing some of the toys or carrying them in his mouth.

Cake and ice cream were served. Everyone there even got along fairly well--for a change.
Mr Soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have one for Rocky, next June.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, and if he's grown to his full 60 pounds by then, he'll appreciate a hefty helping of the refreshments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> PETS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: