Chess

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Soul

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Chess Reply with quote

Great game. I taught my kids to play and we'll ocassionally fight a war of wits. Great stragedy (or is that with a "T" ?)exercise (that brain needs a workout every now & then). Hey I wanna start a poll but I can't think of a lotta other popular (or, not) games (other than Euchre, where I've taken a trick or two ;) , poker , etc.). And don't say Sodoku because I don't even know how to play it. I need your suggestions to make a credible poll outta this.

That emoticon is supposed to be a wink.

Last edited by Mr Soul on Mon May 22, 2006 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what kind of poll you have in mind. Maybe a list of games asking who plays which ones?

You open up "New Topic" and you'll find a place for starting a poll. You can have up to 15 entries.

If you need more entries (more than 15 games, the settings can be changed, I think).

A lot of people play Hearts, Scrabble, bridge, and some people still play canasta, I found out recently.

Are you talking about Internet games or games you can download to your PC? Or maybe regular board games with real people?

If you're talking about Internet games, that's a whole different scene. There are the games that are played with PlayStation or whatever--Everquest, etc.

You'll probably want to make it clear what kind of games you mean.
Mr Soul

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wouldn't know the 1st thing about these 21st century games (makes me wonder, how old IS chess anyway ? (naz would know) It gets MY vote (although I like most of what you recommended. Should we add darts & dice ? Maybe you oughta build it agate.
I'm afraid to build at naz' place, I think my reputation would discourage participation.
Matt

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I play Sudoku, so there! That's the only game I play on the internet. It's pretty fun. If I can find an online strategy guide, I'll post it, but not untill I'm back at my other computer.[/b]
Mr Soul

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agate, I don't think I can add options to my poll after the fact. I forgot Matt'e preference of Sodoku. Can you (as the wise and all powerful administrator) add it ?

And Matt maybe you oughta start a thread here to get a game going (you'll have to teach it to me first)
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Soul wrote:
And Matt maybe you oughta start a thread here to get a game going (you'll have to teach it to me first)

You can't play it with someone else, but I will try to hook you up.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrabble and crossword puzzles here, and I collect but no longer play Magic: the Gathering (CCG - collectible card game).

zenna
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Good way to play chess online Reply with quote

If you don't already know about this, you can play chess online at It's Your Turn:

http://www.itsyourturn.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> GAMES & SPORTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: