Sweet Pea is gone, but still in our hearts.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Sweet Pea is gone, but still in our hearts. Reply with quote

Our dear cat Sweet Pea passed away on Thursday. I took her in to be put to sleep, because her suffering was getting increasingly worse. It broke my heart, she was our baby. We will miss her so much. I've attached links below to some of her finest moments, she was so beautiful, even in the end...

She was a sweet, gentle kitty, always purring or ready to give a kiss. We will never have another pet like her.

We got Sweet Pea from the animal shelter about 13 years ago. They told us she was 8 years old then, but I'm unsure of that age, it could have been a year or two younger.

She was sick, looked near death, but we bonded the moment I saw her and I nursed her back to health.

She has been a wonderful pet and gave us many years of happiness. I'm so happy she had a loving home for the past 13 years... It was so hard to take her in though ... I wish she could have died peacefully in her sleep before she got so bad.

Sweet Pea enjoying a dish of Christmas catnip:

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ewizabeth/?action=view&current=SweetPeaenjoyingChristmascatnip.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Sweet Pea curled up on the couch, her favorite place the last year or so. This was taken several years ago:

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ewizabeth/?action=view&current=Momsphotos512.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

Sweet Pea a few years ago on vacation, she liked to nap on her old rug in the closet where we stayed:

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ewizabeth/?action=view&current=SweetPeaSmallPicCloset2003-1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3
Tysabri 06/07 through 09/09
On Copaxone again since 12/09 and hoping for oral meds to come out!
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad that you had to say goodbye to your dear Sweet Pea! She looks as if she was a very special cat indeed, and I'm sure she appreciated having such a good home.

Losing a pet is heartbreaking. Watching a pet suffer is heartbreaking too.

I'm sure you'll have wonderful memories of Sweet Pea that will comfort you--and maybe you can fill the emptiness of losing her by adopting another kitty--???

Thanks for posting the photos of your remarkable and handsome Sweet Pea. What a nice tribute to the pet who brightened your life!
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's very cute. I'm sorry about what happened. That's terrible news. I'm glad though that she didn't have to continue suffering.
stillstANNding

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewithabeth,

I am sorry that your cat is dead. I clicked the links and looked at your beloved Sweet Pea. She had beautiful markings.

I've lost many cats after surprisingly long lifes (indoor cats). And, it really hurts. I have 3 at the moment and they are my children as I understand your cat was.

This can't be fixed quickly but I do see another 4 legged charmer in your future.

Be well, stay cool,
ANN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sweet Pea is gone, but still in our hearts. Reply with quote

ewizabeth, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful Sweet Pea. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of her. It's so hard to say goodbye even when they are so sick.

As ANN said, there is another needy little four-legged kitty waiting for you when you are ready.

Take care of yourself,
Joy
lady_express_44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful cat, Ewizabeth!!! Pets are just like family, aren't they?

Sounds like she had a wonderful, long life . . . but I'm sorry for your loss.

Cherie
marshmello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful kitty. I'm sorry for your loss.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewizabeth,

Sweet Pea is beautiful. I'm very sorry that you no longer have her but she will always be in your heart.
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Everybody! She was our baby! It was hard, but I know now it was the right thing to do. She was a fighter, and loved life, that's why she held on for so long... but she was suffering quite a bit, and I didn't want it to get to the point of her being tortured.

I will always remember her as my best, special kitty.

I don't know that we'll be able to have another or not. My sister rescues strays and wants me to adopt one, but I've noticed my allergies are better since poor Sweet Pea was gone, and I take two allergy meds. I wonder if it would be best for my health to not have another cat. crybaby
pals1107

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliz, she looks like my old cat Ginger, she lived to be 17. Well I have 5 of the critters now. Cats are about one of the only animas I'm not allergic to.
Sorry for you loss I lost my Gypsi a little over a year ago, she was 19, and went out very hard, it was difficult to watch, especially when you husband is dying at the same time.

HUGS
Pat
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pals1107 wrote:
...Well I have 5 of the critters now. Cats are about one of the only animas I'm not allergic to.
Sorry for you loss I lost my Gypsi a little over a year ago, she was 19, and went out very hard, it was difficult to watch, especially when you husband is dying at the same time...

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry for the loss of your husband, and also little Gypsi. I envy those with many cats, they are so adorable. My sister currently has four plus some outdoor cats she is in various stages of rescuing.

A mom cat in her neighborhood keeps having kittens and they have nice dispositions. I think she should open a non-profit shelter and get government assistance, she is spending a lot of money on the kitties. And there is always a new mom cat who wanders into her yard.

Hugs,
LoLo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, i'm so sorry. She had such a sweet face! Cats have such distinctive personalities.

She had a loving home and a good life.
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lolo,

We have many photos and good memories... she was really a special kitty. We enjoyed her company immensely and we really miss her a lot...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Checking on you Reply with quote

Hi ewizabeth

I was thinking of you and wondering how you're doing.

Joy
ewizabeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joy,

I still miss Sweet Pea and I know I will for a very long time. I still look at her favorite spots when entering a room, expecting to see her there napping. Last weekend I laid on the couch and some furry remnants stuck to my sweater.

I miss petting her and her greeting when I enter the room... Even though it went through a phase of a loud meow from confusion, to a quieter mew as she got weaker.

I'm having a flare up, maybe not a coincidence. My baby is gone. My right hand and arm is weak and I have burning pain in my legs and pain in my back.

I'm keeping busy because I work four days a week and I'm taking a class so those occupy my time. I don't think we'll be able to have another kitty because my allergies are so bad from everything. I'm breathing better at night. I've had cats for so long, I didn't know how much it was affecting me.

Anyway, thanks for asking, and I'm sorry for the book...

Take care,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief is such a powerful emotion. I won't assume to know how you feel but I know how I've felt when I lost a beloved pet. My heart goes out to you.

Try to rest and take care of yourself. If you need to talk, post here or PM me.

Joy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> PETS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: