A bit of pruning here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: A bit of pruning here Reply with quote

The administration here (which I am) will be going through the threads in the Research section and culling out ones that seem to be of questionable value.

Those abstracts being deleted will be ones from journals that aren't peer-reviewed.

This will be a slow, gradual process but should result in a more useful forum.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress update: So far I've gone through the first 14 pages of the Research section, going back to December 2009--and deleted what amounts to several pages of threads.

I've gone through one of the sticky threads also--the thread on Copaxone.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now on page 20 (August 2008) and moving along. If anyone is around who contributed posts to threads, please be assured that I'm deleting only threads that have no comments by other people in them. There have been a few exceptions but the comments have been brief, and my guess is that the posters would have agreed to let me delete them.

This is a privilege I feel I can use at this point since there have been almost no posts on this board by anyone except me for years now.

The result should be a Research section that is more meaningful and easier to navigate.

EDITED TO ADD (11/7/13): Some 850 threads have been deleted from the Research section. Some seemed out-of-date, a few were duplications, and most were from sources not known to undergo peer review.

Although abstracts presented at conferences haven't been subjected to peer review, quite a few of them are still here.

Very few posts by other people have been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse