Welcome back, Matt!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Welcome back, Matt! Reply with quote

Nice to see you posting here again! As you can see, there are lots of page views but not many posts lately by anyone except me.

How have you been? And how are your parents?

If I remember right, you were wondering--or your doctor was wondering--if you might have Devic's disease. I hope it didn't turn out that that's what you have.
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Wow, that was ages ago.

No to the Devic's disease. It's MS.

My PhD is finished.

I'm tired a lot. My doctor is repeating a sleep-study to see if he can find a way to put me on permanant disability. But, my spirits are up.

My mother's lymphoma is gone, but she now has lung cancer. Chemao is carcinogenic, and her previous lymphoma treatment gave her lung cancer. She is on a targeted therapy, but some of her bone tumors are resistant. She is mostly bedridden right now, but, they have done some radiation that should fix the hip tumor that wasn't responding to her targetted treament, Iressa.

How about you?

Not so much bickering going on in here these days, I see.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry about your mother! Is she at home?

But congratulations on finishing your Ph.D. I'm sure you know that many people can't ever seem to finish theirs--so that's an achievement in itself, even if it doesn't lead to the job of your choice.

Quote:
Not so much bickering going on in here these days, I see.

Ha! There's nobody to do any bickering. You're the first person posting here in ages.

The novelty of message boards seems to be have worn off as people found Facebook and blogs and texting. I think a message board is a good means of communicating but I may be in a dwindling minority.

I'm doing all right though I moved to another state 3 years ago. I've fallen only 3 times since the move, and that's not bad, considering that moving is my idea of a very stressful situation.

Sorry you have a definite MS diagnosis now, but I think I'd prefer that diagnosis to Devic's.
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. She is at home, along with my father, who is doing fine.
Moving can be very stressful. Where do you live now?
I think that message boards can lead to a lot of unwanted drama between people who barely know each other. But, I come back every once and a while to see some of the people that I miss.

Are the older message boards still going like MSWORLD and braintalk?
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope that the falls were not too bad.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrainTalk and MS World are still there but have evolved. Both are trying game arcades, probably as a way to attract more people.

IMO the games don't usually work very well.

Many people who've been at BT longer than I have--more than 11 years--are still there though many have disappeared. Every once in a while someone who hasn't been around in ages pops up again.

I'm in Oregon now. I hadn't moved in 26 years and so it was pretty unsettling. Luckily nothing was broken in the falls though it took a while to get over one of them.

My son lives in Oregon and helped me to move. I couldn't have done it without him.

I'm so glad your parents are getting along OK in spite of the problems.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. In case you were wondering, I don't know how your photos of Belize disappeared. I went looking for them just now but they'd been removed.

Thank you for posting them--they were really nice.
Matt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is terrific that he helped you move, and I am glad that you get to see him more often. Are you still on fb? Any links to the arcades? I am curious about this.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on Facebook but hardly ever use it.

To use the arcades you have to be logged in at either MS World or BrainTalk. You're probably still registered at BT, aren't you? Maybe at MS World too?

I looked up your user name at BT. You're probably still listed (last log in supposedly 2/7/10 but those dates aren't always right) if you've been the only Matt on there.

The arcades at BrainTalk do funny things to my computer but maybe other people don't have that problem. I haven't paid much attention to them.
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sudoku game was great for my ego. Normal Sudoku was a cinch for me.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop playing Mahjong Solitaire at MS World. It's ridiculous because I hardly ever do well but I keep on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse