Greenberg (2010)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Greenberg (2010) Reply with quote

This movie's main character reminded me of Seinfeld in some ways. Greenberg is more volatile and troubled than Seinfeld though--and to my mind less likable.

He has just been released from hospitalization for a nervous breakdown but not much more is said about this. He is obviously a sensitive guy and even shows an intermittent sense of responsibility. He keeps his job as a caretaker for a dog clearly enough in mind most of the time to be able to do what needs to be done for the dog.

But this is another movie about young people who have little else to do but cocaine--in very posh surroundings.

Sometimes I didn't know how to take the dialogue. When one young woman tells Greenberg how something a therapist told her once has stuck in her mind--"You're of value"--for instance, is this serious? Surely it's a way of poking fun at the meaningless statements therapists sometimes come up with?

How it's meant isn't clear in the movie.

It's another boy-meets-girl story, and that's about all that I can find to say about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> MOVIES All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse