debunking some BS propaganda about the civil war

Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FIGHT CLUB - BRING IT ON!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: debunking some BS propaganda about the civil war Reply with quote

http://www.reason.com/news/show/28132.html
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this good article, too. Yes, the South has really worked very strenuously over the years to make sure that the idea doesn't die--the notion that one race is inherently inferior to another--which is the only real justification for slavery that they've ever been able to dream up.

Many decades of being slammed with incontrovertible proof that one race isn't inferior to another hasn't budged some of these diehard Southern apologists one bit.

They can't admit that the Civil War (the War for Southern Independence, as some call it) ended and they lost. Or if they do admit that, then they're eager to continue giving reasons why their side should have won.

This of course gives them an excuse to keep the Ku Klux Klan going--as well as many other quaint Southern customs.
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quaint southern customs, eh? You really crack me up.

But, interestingly, the issue of Northern racism has been raised on another board. The way the whites in the North treated the Indians was another very bad incidence of white supremacy. My ancestors wanted their land and simply did not care about what happened to people of another race. Actually...wait...my familly history in the US might not go back that far, but, that is somewhat irrelevant.
agate
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ancestors weren't angels either. I'm sure they must have taken part in the general mistreatment of the native Americans. Later on some of them made some money building railroads, which apparently was a pretty good game to be in at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    msspeaks Forum Index -> FIGHT CLUB - BRING IT ON! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse